Need Best Version of Mid-80s TV Movie - The Arizona Ripper (Bridge Across Time)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hector X. Cruz, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Hector X. Cruz

Hector X. Cruz Stunt Coordinator

Aug 22, 1999

I've posted about this awful little movie before. It was released in about 1985 under the name 'Bridge Across Time' and stars David Hasselhoff and Stepfanie Kramer in a story about a time-transported Jack the Ripper appearing in Lake Havasu, Arizona.

It's a terrible movie, but it holds a special place in my heart as it introduced me to the Ripper murders and spawned a hobby of mine that has lasted over a decade. Not to mention that as kid, this movie did scare me.

I have an aging VHS tape of the movie that I recorded off-air back in 1987 when the film was rebroadcast, badly edited, on NBC retitled as 'The Arizona Ripper.' The tape is now badly worn and is missing several sequences that were significantly trimmed down for the broadcast.

Does anybody have any suggestions of where I can track down the best possible copy of this movie? Either on VHS, VCD, laserdisc, or, impossibly, DVD?

I'd appreciate your input.

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Jul 8, 1999
    According to it is not available on any format. However they do show a Charles Fries Productions and a Fries Home video. You might be able to track it down that way.
    Good luck!