What's new

Need basic information on setting things up (1 Viewer)

Eddie22

Auditioning
Real Name
Eddie
Hello everyone,
Sorry for the novice questions that I'm about to ask. I have an InFocus LP 350 projector and a Memorex DVD player, model # MVD2042. Here is the question - how do I go about using these items to setup my home theater. Is it possible? Will I need to buy other things to get it done? Not Looking for top of the line stuff just want to sit in my basement and be entertained.

Thanks in advance.
Eddie

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Welcome to the HTF!
The video connection is straight forward. The best connection with your equipment would be the s-video connection. You will need some type of screen. It can be anything from a white wall, a DIY screen or a purchased screen. You didn't mention anything about a sound system. If you have a stereo, run the red & white RCA connections to it from the dvd player. Or you can get a receiver with surround sound. I do want to warn you - this hobby can be addictive. Check out the user theater gallery.
Dave

Eddie22

Auditioning
Real Name
Eddie
Dave,
Thanks for the info. If you don't mind me asking. Do you have any recommendation as to what receiver to purchase, brand name, model, specifications? I only ask because, as for the sound system stereo or receiver- I don't have one at the moment.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Any entry level receiver would work, even a HTIB system if you budget is really tight, but only go that route as a last resort. Take a look the the Denon AVR-587 http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3248.asp

It's a good entry level receiver.

Then you'll need speakers, subwoofer, and a few asprin to get it all hooked up!

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I don't know enough about the latest equipment on the market to make a recommendation, but the first question is: What is your budget? If you ask in the Receivers/Separates/Amps forum I am sure you will get some recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks