What's new

Need assitance with new home theater for a newbie! (1 Viewer)

ChristopherR

Auditioning
I just purchased the Mitsubishi WT-42311 from Best Buy at a decent discount and on the spur of the moment. Since this is last years model and it was the floor display I got it for under a $1000. I did purchase the 4 year service plan with this so I feel kinda safe purchasing the floor model. Now since I did this pretty spur of the moment I didn't do any research,(my bad) I now hve a few questions which I hope some of you may be able to answer.

It's a 42" RPTV and I plan on having it setup by a service tech but for right now am withing on my digital cable to be installed. The cable box that they (Comcast) will provide suppports HD programming. But I also saw on the Mitsubishi site the 'Promise Module' now what exaclty will I need this for and can I get away with not purchasing it for $995?

Now doing all the research I should have done before hand I feel at ease since I have yet to read a bad review of the tv and think I might have lucked out getting this so cheap.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the forum Chris and congratulations on your purchase.
I sure hope that you wouldnt need to purchase that "Promise Module" (whatever that is) for $995 but you should probably post this question in the "display devices" section. I'm sure you'll get more information there.
Good luck!!

JerryCulp

Stunt Coordinator
If my memory serves me right, you dont need the promise module. The promise does provide an OverTheAir(OTA) connection for picking HDTV over a regular antenna and some more inputs/outputs, but you dont need it if you are getting HDTV through the cable company.
Just hook up the cable box to the component inputs on your tv.

ChristopherR

Auditioning
Thank you for your reply's. After doing more research and a call to Mitsubishi...Your right the 'Promise Module' is used to get OTA Broadcasts. Since cable company has the HD boxes I don't need it.

Thanks Again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks