Need assistance with Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Alf S, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    A friend of mine got a new Dell and had someone set it up for him. Well now he wants to know how to get Outlook to check ALL the different emails and put them all in one inbox.

The way it's set up now, you open Outlook and it wants you to choose which "profile" you want to check. Then you have to go through each profile one by one to check their emails..very time consuming.

Any thoughts on how to avoid the whole profile route and allow it to just check ALL incoming emails?

Thanks
    Alf

2. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

Instead of defining multiple profiles (one for each email account), just use one profile, but for that profile, define multiple "E-mail Accounts" (Tools / Email Accounts / Add a new email account). For each email account, you can choose which Outlook Data File (or set of folders) to deliver the email to, so you can set them all to the same set of folders, all email will go to the Inbox folder of that set of folders.

You can then set when/how they are checked for new mail in a variety of ways. I just have mine set to check all of them automatically every minute or so.

3. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

Forgot to mention also that when you send new emails, you can choose which "Email Account" to send from, so that it sets the From: and ReplyTo: addresses correctly. When you reply to an email, it will automatically default to the email account that the original message was received on. So the whole process works out nicely.

4. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    Thanks Scott..I'll forward this to my friend.

Alf