Need anyones input on Mits 46809

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry O. Henderson, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Larry O. Henderson

Larry O. Henderson Auditioning

I am really close to buying this unit and would like some user comments. This is my first such TV and although I am excited I want to be sure that this will be the right one ( like us all[​IMG]
    Would appreciate any and all comments...........

2. Rik P

Rik P Stunt Coordinator

I have the Mits 55089 and love it. Believe it or not i almost returned it for the 46809 because i thought it was to big for my living room. Im glad the sales guy talked me out of it. It was a big jump for me coming from a 32 inch Sony and took a while to get used to. I now wish i had the 65 incher. Mits TVs as do others have some issues such as "red push" (the colors look pinker) although there is a fix for this over at hometheaterspot.com
    Any way make sure you get a progressive scan DVD player(Panny 56 or what i have JVC X65) this is a must IMO.
    Good Luck
    [​IMG]

3. Jamie Cole

Jamie Cole Stunt Coordinator

Larry,

Take it from someone who has --at one time or another -- owned three different brands of widescreen RPTVs. The Mits is hands-down the best in its price range. The only way you get better, IMHO, is to move up to the Pioneer Elites.

The "stretch" modes aren't as good as the Toshes, but for movie watching, it blows the Tosh away. Again, this is my opinion. I've had the Sony 53HS10 (not WS but does the squeeze), the Tosh TW40X81, the Tosh 40H80, and now the Mits.

I've never regretted it.

~Jamie

4. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

It's one of the best in its size and price range, IMO, and it's very tweakable.

If you are used to direct view tubes it will definitely be different at first, but give it some time and do some work in the service menu for best results(The Spot has a listing of adjustments you can make).

Of course, us Mitsubishi owners can help too, if you have specific questions.

Good Luck,

DJ

5. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi the Mits is a very nice set. I wouldnt say it blows the Tosh away though. Another consideration is the Panny 47". All 3 sets are very nice once calibrated.

Regards

Gregg Loewen

Video Calibrationist

6. Larry O. Henderson

Larry O. Henderson Auditioning

Thanks for the speedy replies. That was my thinking but after years of direct view I was a bit antsy.

I will check out the spot for tuning suggestions.

Hopefully I will be able to provide the same help for the next tyro who comes along. The move to Wide screen is gonna be big I predict. I have been an exclusive fan for a lot more years than DVD or Laser and primed and ready.