What's new

Need answer fast, surround pre-wiring! (1 Viewer)

RichardK

Second Unit
Hello all to whom i am not worthy! I need your recommendations/suggestions and fast. (please)
i am going to have surround prewiring done in my soon to be built gameroom in new home...
gameroom is 15.5 ftx 15.5 ft(dimensions are not great) with 9 foot ceilings. my surround wiring includes 2 front, 2rear and sub cable.
since i want 6.1/7.1 surround, i will do my own 'front' wiring. (speakers have not yet been selected)
should i :
a) have two speakers from ceiling and have two on the rear wall?
b) have two speakers on each of the side walls and other two on the rear wall?
i dont believe any of the wiring is for inwall, but please your thoughts on in wall with above scenarios as well.
my seating is going to be 10-12ft from 55" WS set. 6ft wide couch so side surround would be approx 8 ft from 'sweet spot', rear surround would be 3-5ft from seating. also i have a window on one side wall, which could impede side placement (but unless, the installer says so, i doubt it)
your help suggestions are welcomed......

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I prefer to have the rear speakers behind me, but then everyone has their own preferences. However, given the dimensions of the room and your seating position, I’d go with your second idea.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
Richard, pre-wiring is SO easy that it makes sense to run wire to any place you think you MIGHT want to eventually put a speaker. Post-wiring = a booger. Pre-wiring = a piece of cake. Repeat that over and over. Then start pulling wire.
JM.02...
Jerry
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks