What's new

Need an amp/sub recommendation (1 Viewer)

BrianKM

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I would like to add a sub to my late-model Pathfinder, but reading those car audio forums is starting to make my head hurt, so I'm hoping you guys can provide some insight and hopefully some suggestions for a good amp/sub combo. Here is my current setup: iPod w/ Sik Imp -> Alpine 7873 -> Scosch adapter -> Bose. I definitely lean more towards accuracy and seamlessly blending the sub with the front speakers than trying to blow out all of the windows in the neighborhood. In addition, I would like to bury the amp in the storage compartment under the cargo floor, minimize the enclosure size (I actually use my cargo area for cargo), and try to stay around $500 total, including install.

I mainly listen to punk, alternative, and hip-hop (in that order), and I'm a SVS/Norh (are there any car audio equivalents?) fan when it comes to HT.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Brian.

Chris_Liberti

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know if it will stay within that price but a single ported Image Dynamics IDQ12 v.2 dual 2 ohm model (to wire in parallel to 1 ohm) and a Hifonics Brutus BX500D. This would be a bit more than $500 installed but would be an absolutely awesome sounding setup

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
buy ED K or O series, either get the last model flat cones used or wait for the V.2 to come out. Runs from 150-250$ depending on whether its used flatcones or V.2. Also a TCSounds sub can be bought from some of the guys on ICIXSOUND.com

As far as amps go a Hifonics is good, might want to looking into a ED Nine.1...nice amp for a good price. Also Crossfire amps are good amps.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Or you can buy them from OAudio.com or SoundSplinter.com. O Audio only carries the TC2+ 12". SS carries the TC2+ in both 10" and 12". They also carry the TC9 (12" & 15") with dual spiders for more reliability.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks