What's new

Need an absolute HUGE favour (1 Viewer)

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my problem - I live in Ireland. :)
This is only bad because the Star Wars Fan Club only ship to US and Canadian addresses - they used to ship internationally but since being taken over with new ownership, no longer do.
I would really like to buy the Episode 2 teaser banner ($199.99) and teaser poster ($19.99) that should be available tomorrow. Obviously I can't do it from here - I can't even ring the club, pay by credit card and get it shipped to a US address as they won't accept international credit cards.
/begging-on
If anybody would be willing to buy these and ship them to me I would gladly cover any expenses for them. I can send payment by either Paypal or international money order or cash - what ever you want.
So all I can say is please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please.
/begging-off

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I just want to say that I think it is incredibly cool that someone can come on here and make a request like that and have a voluteer ready to go in less than 24 hours.
God, I love this place.
Janna, you are a good person. :)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Yes, in the past Janna has given me some good advice!!
Big :emoji_thumbsup: to Janna!! What a nice thing to do!

We are lucky to have people on here like Janna.:)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Woohoo, how's the weather up there Janna? Has it snowed in Anchorage yet? Did I tell you that the one full day I spent in Anchorage, after dinner I walked down to that ice cream place from the Qupquiquag Inn again! It's only a couple blocks from the inn which I found from the phone book map.

Have a happy thanksgiving!

Jay

Janna S

Second Unit
Howdy, Jay.

We got early winter. All the Halloween costumes I made for the children of friends had to fit over snowsuits. We got snow. We got ice - and thus we got ten-car pileups on the highway. We got quite a few folks who are still biking around (with their studded bike tires). We got people dying in avalanches with snow just a couple feet deep. We got a young grizzly bear who hasn't figured out it's time to pull the covers over his head for the winter, and he's scaring the beans out of groups of skiers on the ski trails right here in town. We got days that last less than six hours (quite a contrast from when you are here, huh?) We got Harry Potter on WAY too many screens. And oh, in a nod to the sports folks here, we got game - the basketball players from all over the country are in town for the Shootout, gawking at moose and having a great time in what is, for them, the Strange Land.

And to the rest of you gentlemen, I appreciate your kind thoughts. Come visit Alaska sometime - I can't offer HT but I can still show you a great time. My cabin (ten miles from one of Alaska's best salmon runs) is always open for guests.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Janna, who needs HT when you've got rampaging bears outside and guys on bikes with snowtires? :) I've been tempted to create my own set of snow tires one of these days, but I think everybody would think I've gone looney.
If any of you go to Anchorage, check out that Cold Water Creamery ice cream place... quite yummy!
P.S. Ev's got her photos from Alaska on CD, you might want to email her for one, she took alot more shots than I did.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks