What's new

Need amp advice. (1 Viewer)

SeanAH

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a harmon kardon 635. I thinking I may buy a outlaw 750 (5x165w's). I would like to hook the external amp up to my receiver, so Im still using the amp on my receiver, along with the external amp to drive my speakers. How would I wire this? Would kind of cables would I need besides normal speaker wire?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Are your speakers capable of being bi-wired? This means, do they have a jumper on the back that allows you to separately drive different drivers within the speaker cabinet. If there are no jumpers on the back of the speakers you cannot do what you are proposing.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
What kind of speakers do you have? 165w is much more than enough for most speakers.

SeanAH

Stunt Coordinator
I have onix rocket 750's, and they are bi-wired. I still have yet to get my center. Im looking for a rsc200, and hopefully it will be bi-wired. I had heard awhile back that you can connect you amp through your receiver through rca jack cables. But is that only if you want to use your receiver as a pre-amp? Not use any of the power from your receiver?

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
At least with my experience don't waste time bi-amping your speakers with your AVR, a stand alone amp will easily push your speakers and the sound quality may be dragged down by putting your avr into the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OliverST
Recent bookmarks