1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED Akai CFT 3090 service codes. Please HELP

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chet_F, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Anyone out there know a TV repair guy who can get these codes. The other thread's title is a little misleading as they do not know the service codes. The TV is a AKAI CFT 3090. I have tried calling AKAI customer service to obtain these codes but they say "These codes are only supplied to a technician." My set has some serious geometry issues. I find it strange that you cannot get into the service mode or they won't give you the codes to get into the service mode. I'm sitting in front of a $150 monitor that has the ability to tweek every setting with a few clicks of a button. No service codes needed, no special training needed, well.....you get the point. It is not like I am some J6P that doesn't know what I am doing. Putting that aside I bought the TV, I should have the ability to tweek it as I see fit. But not according to the powers that be. So any help with be greatly appreciated. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for your time

Chet

Forgot to add that the number to AKAI is 1-888-530-3688

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Chet, there are a whole bunch of people looking for the codes to get into the SM on that Akai so if you ever get them please post them & as I said in the other post, I think your going to have to bribe a Daewoo repair shop to get the SM code [​IMG]

3. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Yep, that looks like my next step. I offered some money to a TV repair shop but he said they hold onto those codes like the holy grail. They won't even give them to him and he works on TV for a LIVING! He said the last time he checked they told him to send $$ and the TV and they would look at it. Yea right.[​IMG]

4. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

The saga continues......

THERE IS NO SERVICE CODE!!!

Straight from the horses mouth. Received a call from www.waca.com
    They do the service work for AKAI in the states. They were very polite and actually sent me the service manual. Guess what....you need a service remote in order to get into the service menu. There is no service code...there never was. So I called the main AKAI service menu and asked them if I could buy a service remote. Answer "NO". Can I rent a service remote. Answer "NO". Service from AKAI themselves is atrocious(sp?), The ONLY reason I have gotten this far is due to the people from WACA. In fact the Head Manager for AKAI's customer service, Robert Rodriguez, told me to just return the TV and get another one. OK...great idea except for one thing. What happens when you have the TV for 60 days and something happens? You will not be able to return it to the place of purchase but rather you will need to get it serviced from the manufacturer! In fact I asked Mr. Rodriguez "You would rather have me carry this 275 pound TV back to Sam's and get another one than actually help me and service it?" The answer "Yes". I do not know of ANY company that will not service their own defective product. Especially a 275 pound TV. Service DOES NOT EXIST from this company. In fact they may as well call it CUSTOMER F U. There is NO Service. The only saving grace to this company is WACA. At least they are willing to help me. I have never been so enraged by a service rep in my entire life. Well I am sort of glad that something happened now rather than later so I could really experience their service. Now I KNOW. So if anyone would like the service manual I would be more than willing to email it to you. I'll set up a temporary email account at work. Just email me at [email protected]
    It may take awhile for me to send it to you depending on the amount of requests. I'll only keep that account open for 2 weeks.
    I'll have that account active by 10:00AM cst so do not email until after that time as you will receive an error.

I am about fed up with AKAI and about to shove this TV back in the box and ship it back to the store.

Chet_F