What's new

Need Advise for HDTV receiver and Antenna. (1 Viewer)

Amit Patel

Agent
I have a Sony 61HS10 TV, I would like to by HD receiver TV set top box so that I can view OTA HDTV programs. I am not intent to buy a dish right now may be in future because I have a cable. However I do need to buy an Antenna so that I can catch HDTV frequency and watch HD programs. What steps should I follow? How can I get Best available HD receiver and good Antenna? I may get Dish net work Dish in future. Please advise me what is feasible for me.

Thanks,

Amit.

Nick Sirkin

Auditioning
Hi...

Where are you located as that is important in seeing what OTA HD signals are available? Usually these are UHF signals and a UHF antenna is needed. I use a $40 Channelmaster but people have had good luck with a Radio Shack double bowtie.

I bought a Toshiba DST3000 STB and am very happy with it. It tunes DirecTV though, not Dish. As far as I know only a Dish6000 STB will tune Dish. I would advise DirecTV over Dish for many reasons but mainly that it carries HDnet and HD-HBO.

Also, you should get familiar with the proposed digital standard that may be forthcoming and will effect the interface between the STB and the TV.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks