What's new

need advice (1 Viewer)

s281er238

Auditioning
Real Name
ALEX HACOOPIAN
i just bought a bose acustimass 10 with a denon 1913 and I've always owned the lifestyle system and liked it for the bang for the buck i decided to go this route tihis time and i hate the sound the sub sounds worse then my lifestyle one any help of best setup for the denon and bose or sale it and get other speakers .i was think of switching just the sub with a ken crycial 8 inch devil one they offer 2300 and latter on get the the rest of the setup as well

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Alex. The Bose system is designed to be used with the included bass module only, it produces very specific frequencies that the satellites speakers can not. Have you tried to turn it down a little making it less obvious and maybe blend better? Bose is never recommended based on performance derived from trickery rather than accuracy, what did you spend on it? Give us a budget, counting your returned Bose speakers and we can likely recommend a better system...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The Bose non-powered Acoustimass suck.

Their bass-modules(Bose themselves doesn't even call it a subwoofer) in the powered systems are ramped up 3x over the tweeters. Which is sad. They use a bandpass box.

Bose is the only company capable of making a lame bandpass.

s281er238

Auditioning
Real Name
ALEX HACOOPIAN
nice to meet you all .i have owned the lifestyle 28 before and its been great ,like you said its know what to give you like a magician tricks the ears and does the job for the bang for the buck ,but this time i decided to try the other route and do the acustimass 10 system witha standalone amp denon 1913 and its ok but not ame as the lifestyle that i left at my moms house.i think the sub on the life style is 10 times better then this acustimass one .I was gone get a nice system because my best friend work for ken krracial the origional owner of m and k audio which is now called ken kracial .He recommend getting there sub anf then later one also getting thw speakers as well due to the fact i just remodeled my house and went over the budget so my budget right now would be 3500 if i sold the bose and started from scratch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks