What's new

Need advice (1 Viewer)

himmy33

Auditioning
Real Name
Chad
I am a total newb and was told my questions might be better answered here. I am building my first home theater room and will have a lot of questions. Anyway my first question is I am trying to decide on a set of speakers and have been looking at these http://www.newegg.co...=9SIA1J70ZN9764. The receiver I have and will be using is http://www.newegg.co...N82E16882115393. Would this be a good match up or is it a waste of $ on the speakers considering the receiver? If anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!
This will be a dedicated theater room for movies and tv viewing/ sports events.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I had already answered the prior post...paraphrasing here...

That is how you are supposed to buy your speakers. They should be the highest expenditure(to me at least equal to the combined total of everything else).

Those RF7 are so efficient, every AVR will power them fine. Being 101db, I doubt you ever send them more than 10 watts.

himmy33

Auditioning
Real Name
Chad
schan1269 said:
I had already answered the prior post...paraphrasing here...

That is how you are supposed to buy your speakers. They should be the highest expenditure(to me at least equal to the combined total of everything else).

Those RF7 are so efficient, every AVR will power them fine. Being 101db, I doubt you ever send them more than 10 watts.
Thank you for a response in both. Much appreciated!

himmy33

Auditioning
Real Name
Chad
I was wondering if the bookshelf speakers are a good idea or if I should do four pairs of the surround speakers? Also are these subs a good idea or is there a better idea? Maybe something with more low end like the http://www.klipsch.com/sw-115/details#specs any answers or help would be greatly appreciated!

(2) Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeakers (Black)(2) Klipsch RS-62 II Reference Series Surround Speakers (Black)(1) Klipsch RC-64 II Reference Series Center Channel Speaker (Black)(2) Klipsch RB-81 II Reference Series Bookshelf Speaker (Black)(2) Klipsch SW-311 Reference Series Subwoofer System (Satin Black)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The HSU ULS15" is barely more money.

To di/bi-pole or not is personal preference. And the speakers should be placed exactly where they should go. If you can't place di/bi-pole where they are supposed to go...don't buy them(I thought it funny the first time Klipsch introduced a diffuse horn speaker)

himmy33

Auditioning
Real Name
Chad
schan1269 said:
The HSU ULS15" is barely more money.

To di/bi-pole or not is personal preference. And the speakers should be placed exactly where they should go. If you can't place di/bi-pole where they are supposed to go...don't buy them(I thought it funny the first time Klipsch introduced a diffuse horn speaker)
Help me out with the di/bi-pole speaker. Which speaker is that? Also what is the advantage of the HSU ULS15"?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The RS 62 is a bi-pole speaker. Notice Klipsch doesn't actually call it that(every manufacturer that makes a horn loaded speaker like that...which would be Klipsch and _____*).

The intent of a speaker like that is to diffuse the sound. The intent of a horn is to be direct and in your face.(hopefully I don't have to explain the paradox)

"Brand name" retail subwoofers represent the "worst" value.

ID(Internet Direct) represent the best "pre-built" value.

DIY(Do-it-yourself) represent the best value.

Essentially, unless you just want all your speakers to be the same brand...there is no reason to buy that sub, when you can have so much better with ID or DIY.

*blank in purpose.

himmy33

Auditioning
Real Name
Chad
schan1269 said:
The RS 62 is a bi-pole speaker. Notice Klipsch doesn't actually call it that(every manufacturer that makes a horn loaded speaker like that...which would be Klipsch and _____*).

The intent of a speaker like that is to diffuse the sound. The intent of a horn is to be direct and in your face.(hopefully I don't have to explain the paradox)

"Brand name" retail subwoofers represent the "worst" value.

ID(Internet Direct) represent the best "pre-built" value.

DIY(Do-it-yourself) represent the best value.

Essentially, unless you just want all your speakers to be the same brand...there is no reason to buy that sub, when you can have so much better with ID or DIY.

*blank in purpose.
Thank you for the quick reply. This information helps a ton!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks