Need advice with a receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Roman Ortega, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Roman Ortega

Roman Ortega Extra

Hello to everyone in this forum, this is my first post in this site and I will appreciate any help and advice you can give me. Well, I live in a small town in Venezuela and here is very hard to find good home theater stuff, all you can hope to find is normal brands like panasonic, sony, pioneer, etc. (Brands like onkyo and marantz have never been seen in here). Any how, I’ve been looking in almost any store here and I’ve finally found two good receivers, the Yamaha htr-5240 and the Pioneer vsx-d810s, the pioneer has a lot more ins and outs than the Yamaha and reproduce matrix 6.1, but the dsp processor in the Yamaha seems to be a lot more better than pioneer’s, aside of the fact that the htr has independent amplifiers for each channel. Another thing is that the Yamaha is a lot cheaper than the vsx and it will allow me to buy a sony sa-wm40 subwoofer too. As you can see I’m very confuse to make a decision so please give some suggestions in this problems, thanks and forgive my English.

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Yamaha.

3. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Roman,
    Welcome to the Forum.
    I agree with Angelo. Nothing against Pioneer but the economics of the situation and the lack of variety from which you could make a higher quality choice points to Yamaha. It is considered by many to be one of the most reliable brands...also honest in their power ratings. The Sony sub would be a nice addition after you do the polyfill treatment.
    Relax. Your English is better than many who post here. [​IMG]