What's new

Need advice, please :) (1 Viewer)

OzgurE

Auditioning
Hi all,

I'm new to forum just as I am to the sound thingy. Planning to move to a new place and decided to spend some on audio/video. The problem is my knowledge about stuff.

I'm living in Turkey, so the prices are quite higher than yours, and I have a limited budget. I'll list my options below with prices and need your advice for all.

Projector: Infocus X1 (around 1.200 USD)

DVD Player: Pioneer DV 565 (450 USD)

Receiver Options: Denon AVR-3803 (1.200 USD)
Onkyo TX SR-501E (710 USD)
Onkyo TX SR-600E (1.000 USD)
Onkyo TX SR-701E (1.390 USD)

Speakers: JBL SCS 188 (800 USD)

I know this is a long list but need your advice badly. All comments are welcome. You can either choose one of them or recommend another similar price ranged item.

Every comment is needed and will be appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance :)

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
There is nothing wrong with any of what you listed. I say, choose one of the receivers, and go for it. Let us know how it goes.

OzgurE

Auditioning
Thank you Ed Moxley :)

The thing is I'm not that into it and I don't wanna make any mistakes about the compatibility. I mean do these machines support each other? Will I be able to connect these together through a same standart connection type?

And also I'm not that sure about speakers since I don't have any other option. Could you please recommend some other brand or model?

Thanks for your help :)

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
It might help to know what your budget is in US dollars.
I think your question is more difficult to answer because even if we made recommendations, there is no telling how much more expensive it is in Turkey and if it is even available.

I suggest you pick one of the receivers (they are all fine choices) that has the features you want and then audition speakers in your new place. Nothing beats listening with your own ears. Good luck!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Everything should go together very well. The JBL speakers are good speakers, but there are Athena, Paradigm, Polk Audio. Lots of good stuff to choose from.
You get what sounds good to you. You are the one that will be listening to it. Do stores there have stuff setup to listen to it? Make sure they have a return policy, so if you get it home and it don't sound good there, you can return it for something else.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks