1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice. Oulaw 1050 or HK 510? Please help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Ferrari, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Joe Ferrari

Joe Ferrari Agent

Hi Everyone,
    I have a limited budget of $500 for a receiver and was thinking of the above 2 as they appeared to be good choices. I like the HK as it has dual room capability and also has an extra s video input but the OUtlaw also seems nice and easy to use. Any thoughts on which one would be a better choice? Both can be had for $500 (I have to buy a refurb HK though at that price point)
    Thanks a ton!
    Joe

2. Fletcher

Fletcher Extra

Don't know anything about the HK but I have the Outlaw and I have been happy with it. I guess it depends on what features are important to you. If you really want the multi-room capability, then you would have to go with the HK.
    A couple of things that I really like about the Outlaw is its flexible crossover settings (60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 200 Hz). Not that I really use anything above 80 but having the 60 option is really nice. The remote for the Outlaw is pretty good as well (it is very similar to the hackable/programmable Radio shack remote everyone talks about).
    Oh yeah, the Outlaw sounds great and has plenty of power as well.
    But if you get a HK refurbished for $500, I am sure that would be a pretty good receiver as well.
    Fletcher

3. Jeff Blair

Jeff Blair Second Unit

I know Outlaw is about to come out with there next modle. I want to say either this month, or next. It looks like it will have more inputs, and that is what I need. I think there is a link to the picture of the new one, sorry I don't know what it is. If I find it, I will post it later. Now, as for price, I don't know what the new Outlaw will be going for. They are hush hush on there boards.
    ------------------
    Jeff Blair
    OK, I need a new sig. [​IMG]
    My DVD's

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Fletcher/Joe, the AVR510 has excellent bass management features. I don't think there are quite as many frequencies as those Fletcher listed, but it's close.
    You can download the Owner's Manual from HK's web site.
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics