What's new

Need advice on upgrades - TV, home theatre, sound system and singalong microphone (1 Viewer)

mona12345

Auditioning
Real Name
aparna
Here is what I already own. Ancient but works 1. Polk Audio speakers (humongous - but can live with that) 2. Audiolab Amp 8000A 3. Onkyo Mixer T4120 - not in use, dont know what I need to use it for because we are no longer using the (4) old Casette Tape and (5) CD players anymore. 6. DVD Player 7. Blue Ray DVD player I have an old plasma TV that is not internet enabled and nor does it have a USB post.. I need recommendations for a new TV and home theater system, but I would like to use what I already own IF possible, The kids attach the Ipad to teh TV and sing along at home, but without a microphone. What will I need to get a microphone and Ipad working TOGETHER on the TV Alternatively, if the Ipad works on the TV, the microphone can be standalone with the speakers. How do I connect them to the Audiolab amplifier. I bought cordless mikes and attached them to the Audiolab amp but they did not work. Is it because microphones need a different type of amp ? Im confused here because my Amp DOES have the port in the front that fits the microphone wires Budget that works.... dont want to go OTT thanks

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
I can't help with the microphone issue... the trouble you may be having is that you are trying to amplify two signals at once? the song and the mic? The budget needs to be a little more explicit than not over the top. I know a guy who has 7 $1000 monoblock amps to power his home theater and this was a reduction for him as his wife felt he was over the top before. I myself have a $200 receiver and my gf thought that was a little over the top. I don't think you are going to be able to integrate your amp or what the benefit would be. I would say go for a new receiver with a speaker bundle. something like thishttp://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENDHT1513BA/DENON-DHT-1513BA-Home-Theater-System-w/Boston-Acoustics-Speakers/1.html then use your humongous Polks as your front sound stage. Is this what you were talking about? Or am I way off base? On the TV I don't know enough to recommend a specific model. You should go look at some TVs in a store and see what you like. I think most people here would prefer a plasma for the better colors and lack of any blur. TVs suffer from more marketing garbage than anything else I think so be careful and read an article or two on TV terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks