What's new

need advice on speakers and subwoofer (1 Viewer)

kevinw123

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Wu
I'm new to HT. We recently moved into a house with a 13x20.5 media room, ceiling height is 10ft. I read through some threads on this forum. Here's what I'm thinking to get Marantz SR5005 receiver axiom speakers, center channel vp150, floor standing m60, surrounding speaks qs8 SVS sub PB12–NSD Would this work? Any other suggestions? Budget is around $3500. Thanks a lot! Kevin W

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Yeah, that'll "work". (It's gonna sound freakin' outstanding!) I'm jealous as I found out about Axiom after I set up my main system and now have M22s in my secondary room. I'm sure you'll love the M60s, and the SVS has a great rep around here. To my mind the only other sub you might consider is a Hsu VTF-3; but if you've already decided on the SVS, no reason to second guess yourself.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Holy cow! That's alot of speaker in a small room!!! I have almost the same setup in my smallish room ( at little bigger than yours). If I had it to do over I'm sure I would go with M22's instead of M60's. With a great sub like the SVS you are getting, there's no reason to get the towers. Don't get me wrong, the M60s will work in your room and, IMHO, will sound great!!!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I don't know enough to disagree, but if money were not an issue I think I'd go with the M60s (assuming this is not just a theater setup; that is, you'll be using it for music only listening too). The M22 won't disappoint, but that's not a small room and the added punch of the larger dual drivers PLUS the 5.25 driver would liven up the sound stage. You might want to post on the Axiom site, the users there are very honest (they don't over promote the top of the line-up) and many of them have done a lot of these kinds of comparisons. 9/12: Actually, there is an active thread on this very topic: http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=354422#Post354422. The opinion is about 60/40 in favor of the M60s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks