Need advice on selling my system

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Girish, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Girish

Girish Stunt Coordinator

girish
    I posted few days ago regarding upgrading my system which I did. Now the old system which is a pretty good separate has all the components. Am I better off selling it as a unit or one at a time. I have not done this before so I will apreciate the input.
    Here is what I have
    Kenwood cassette deck-KX-W893
    Kenwood Processor SS-992
    Kenwood tuner
    Kenwood amp KC-993
    Kenwood Power Amp(four channel)KM-993
    Kenwood CD palyer(5 disk) DP-R893
    DBX subwoofer amp
    DBX 15" sub(this si a monster which I think I will toss away.
    JBL front floor standing speakers(Black in color)
    I do have an ebay account. Shall I put the whole thing on ebay or separately list the components?

2. Scott Oliver

Scott Oliver Screenwriter

Ok I don't know how much this stuff costs but I guessing it probably wouldn't hold its value well anyway.

Typically for stuff like this you should go to where the purchaser is less knowledgable, so I think your best bet would be to post an ad in your local paper for the entire system for whatever price you want to aim for and an OBO disclaimer.

You second best option would be to sell it on EBAY. For Ebay you might decide to do a separte listing for each brand of product you own; JBL, Kenwood, and DBX. In each of those ads you can talk about those brand pieces and then make several cross references to your other ads and that you are hoping to sell it all off as a system.

My 2 cents at least.

3. Dan J S

Dan J S Agent

You're probably going to have to sell it separately. Sorry to say but I can't imagine anybody will be interested in buying a cassette player, cd changer, or Prologic processor these days. The speakers and amps on the other hand you'll probably get something for on eBay.

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    You can research the “Recent Items” feature and perhaps see what identical stuff has been selling for.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt