Need Advice on Satellite/Hi Def Receiver!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Faberman, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Steve Faberman

Steve Faberman Auditioning

I need help. I'm purchasing a Pioneer 610HD and need a Dish/HDTV receiver. Was thinking of the RCA DTC-100, but when you factor in the extra cost for the cable adapter, its not that much cheaper than the others. Anyone have good experience with something else. I definetly want Direct TV instead of Dish Network.
    Thanks.
    Steve

2. Darold_Brins

Darold_Brins Agent

Steve,
    I have enjoyed the performance of the DST-3000 (some have had minor complaints, but none from me).
    Darold "Brins" Brinley
    ------------------
    If I wasn't flying fighters, I'd be at home watching HDTV!!!

3. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

You don't need a cable adapter to connect a DTC-100 to a PRO-610HD. Just a VGA cable. I have a DTC-100 with a PRO-710HD and no cable adapter.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    "Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

4. Patrick Ferrara

Steve,
    What Bruce said about the ability to connect the RCA to the Pioneer without the adaptor may be true. Just check to make sure the Pioneer has the proper inputs.
    Your other choices besides the RCA unit are the Mitsubishi and Hughes units (actually both are made by Hughes). I think Sony also makes a DirecTV capable HTDV tuner.
    I've got the Mitsubishi and it works great. It connects via component video, not the VGA connector like the RCA.
    Good luck,
    Patrick.
    ------------------