What's new

Need advice on running a family edition of the Amazing Race! (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
This summer a buddy and I are going to put my family through the paces in a "Amazing Race" style game throughout the city. (I live in Ottawa Canada)

Just looking for some tips from anyone who is familiar with the show. We don't want one team getting too far ahead of another so I would especially like to hear ideas on how to keep it close.

Ideas for challenges, road blocks, etc...

Thanks,

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
You can help us by being a guy who hands out clues.
Interested?
PS- Being from Ottawa maybe you can give us some advice.
We already have them going to 3 exhibitions at the newly renovated war museum. Can you think of any physical challenges that we can do in Ottawa?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just make sure you have friends that match the stereotypes they use on the show....gay, mother & son, lifelong friends, african-american couple, older couple. ;)

Seriously, You should contact local museums or attractions and see if you can find things out in advance to set up. For example if their is a go-kart place. See if you can prearrange for someone to come and have to do 3 laps in a set time.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Todd, great idea about the go-karting!:emoji_thumbsup:
I'll check that out.

I've already checked out the War Museum and it is all set up.

Thanks,

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
To get the 2nd. Flag you have to stop by Grandmaster Sam Kim's Tae Kwon Do and fight a blackbelt to first blood.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"You have to make sure to rig the last leg to let the 2nd place team get closer (sarcasm)."

HAHA!

You have to make sure put a semi famous couple in and have people help them all day. (sarcasm)

PPffftt!

Brent

Sounds like a great idea, a golf challenge would be cool too hit a ball into a basket around 100 yards?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks