Need advice on placement for new home

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dillon Poole, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Dillon Poole

Dillon Poole Agent

I'm about to buy my first home and I'm going to wire it while its still being built so I really would like to know what the best configuration is. Here is the floor plan (mine will be reversed), its small, but hell, its my first and its brand new...

[​IMG]

They typically place the television connections between the fireplace on the right and the wall below the fireplace (in relation to the plan). I think it a poor place to put the TV as there will be no room for speakers (Mission m73i floorstanding) on either side.

On the top wall are three very large windows that I'm not going to block. I was initially thinking that the lower wall of the living room as the TV wall and could even drill through the wall and place all my equipment in the closet behind the wall and clean it up a bit. Then place 3 surround speakers above the large windows.

Anyways, what would be the ideal placement in this situation?

Also, any resources about home automation & integration would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dillon

2. JustinG

JustinG Stunt Coordinator

damn, that looks like a tough one. I am guessing your kitchen opens to the living room and that's not a solid wall? That's how mine is. If only your fireplace was in that corner.

What about putting your TV at an angle in the corner next to the kitchen?

If that is a solid wall all the way up between the kitchen and living room, then put your stuff on that wall. But that would cut you off from your fireplace, rendering it worthless. Or, upgrade to a flat panel tv and put it above the fireplace. [​IMG]

3. Paul M.Kuziel

I did a little drawing on those plans. Tell me what you think.
    I will have to Email it to you.

4. Dillon Poole

Dillon Poole Agent