1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on JBL Northridge Systems

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Eric*B, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Eric*B

Eric*B Agent

Ok, think I've decided to go with a JBL Northridge setup - my dilema is....

Do I go with N24's for front and surrounds and get a PB10 sub, OR, do I get N24's for the rears and N38's up front. With the N38's would I still need a sub? BH Photo has a pretty good deal on the N24's, N-Center and PB-10 Sub for $372.

Guess if all else fails, I can buy the system, that way, sell one pair of N24's for like $75 and still come out ahead buying the N38's at $145ea.

Decisions....decisions....

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I would go with N38s up front. If you're going to use the system for 2-channel music at all, I think you'll want the '38s instead of the '24s up front.

They have decent bass extension, but if you want bass in your gut you should add a sub.

3. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Second Unit

You might consider an S-Center instead of the N-Center. I'm using one with a pair of ND-310's and it sounds fantastic. I was going to go with the PB-10 but decided to go with the PB-12 instead. I've got all the bottom end I could want by going that way.

4. Eric*B

Eric*B Agent

The S-Series.....hmmm...sounds like I may have to head back to Ultimate Electronics to check out that center. That's my main problem with the Sony setup I have now is that voices seem to get lost - I want a center channel that's strong and clear.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Eric

5. dale^g

dale^g Stunt Coordinator

i would go with the WHOLE S-series, they sound the way JBL's are supposed to sound.