Need advice on JBL Northridge Systems

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Eric*B, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Eric*B

Eric*B Agent

Ok, think I've decided to go with a JBL Northridge setup - my dilema is....

Do I go with N24's for front and surrounds and get a PB10 sub, OR, do I get N24's for the rears and N38's up front. With the N38's would I still need a sub? BH Photo has a pretty good deal on the N24's, N-Center and PB-10 Sub for $372.

Guess if all else fails, I can buy the system, that way, sell one pair of N24's for like $75 and still come out ahead buying the N38's at $145ea.

Decisions....decisions....

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I would go with N38s up front. If you're going to use the system for 2-channel music at all, I think you'll want the '38s instead of the '24s up front.

They have decent bass extension, but if you want bass in your gut you should add a sub.

3. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Second Unit

You might consider an S-Center instead of the N-Center. I'm using one with a pair of ND-310's and it sounds fantastic. I was going to go with the PB-10 but decided to go with the PB-12 instead. I've got all the bottom end I could want by going that way.

4. Eric*B

Eric*B Agent

The S-Series.....hmmm...sounds like I may have to head back to Ultimate Electronics to check out that center. That's my main problem with the Sony setup I have now is that voices seem to get lost - I want a center channel that's strong and clear.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Eric

5. dale^g

dale^g Stunt Coordinator

i would go with the WHOLE S-series, they sound the way JBL's are supposed to sound.