Need advice on HT - Please help.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Dan AR, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Dan AR

Dan AR Auditioning

Dec 30, 2003
    I find my self in the position of having a new 43" Pioneer Plasma TV and no home theater sound system. I also find my self completely ignorant about such sound systems. Although I am an experienced carpenter I want to stay away from in-wall systems for now. Unless you tell me I'm crazy not to go with in-wall/ceiling. The room size is 16 x20 with wood floors. Ceiling is flat at 8' flat height. I have $2,000 to $3,000 budget. So I need advice (your help) on how and what to spend it on. I need speaker, Reciever, CD & DVD player recomendations. Or just a system in a box. The recommendations I have come up with so far are:

Polk RM7200 speakers with a pioneer receiver (still need recom on DVD & CD player)
    Nakakamichi 8-1/5 all inclusive but I do not think the DVD comes with progressive scan.
    Infinity Modulusply with Yamaha receiver (no recom on DVD & CD player)
    Boston Acoustic Avidea 770 (don't think its out yet and is a little over my budget)

My questions is: What would you purchase?

Sincere Thanks in advance,

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jun 3, 1999

I'm not clear on what you're asking, but since you posted in A/V Sources are you inquiring about possible DVD players?