Need Advice on Conversation Recorders

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Lee Scoggins, May 1, 2003.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Friends,

I was not sure where to post this but thought a lot of techies hang out here...My wife needs a telephone conversation recorder for a real estate seminar she is taking by phone. We saw one at Radio Shack for $99 but it seemed very overpriced...voice message machines can't cover the length of a long conversation (1-1.5 hours)...

Do any of you know of a brand we can look into that is more reasonable priced?

Are there specific web sites we should search?

We have tried Comp USA, Circuit City, Staples, Best Buy, etc. and had no luck so far.

Thanks so much for your help. [​IMG]

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

MY Gf picked up a little box at RS that plugs into a tape recorder for like $20- and it's fine. It even has a remote plug for recorders that support foot pedal operation.

Cat number 43-2208 or a cheaper version 43-228.
    You could also look for the mega cheap 43-1237, which is super basic but should work.

Just an interface box- goes from phone line to 1/8th plug for a tape recorder--- you can even plug it into the line input on a PC and record direct to hard drive (save flipping a tape).

My GF uses an ancient tape recorder with built in speaker. Works great, only issue is that your voice tends to be a bit louder than the other person, but can even be fixed in computer if needed.

-vince

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Thanks Vince! We will look into it. [​IMG]

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

if *completely* desperate, look for an old cassette driven answering machine. most of the ones from the day (mine was a phone-mate) allowed you to record as long as the tape would hold out.

i recorded several phone interviews along with some .... ummm ... other stuff. [​IMG]