Need advice on business idea

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Fuller, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Richard Fuller

Richard Fuller Auditioning

I've had this business idea for a different type of sports bar and I thought I'd run it by you guys to see what you thought about it. The main part of the bar would be what I call VIP rooms that seat 25 people in each room with a projector(probably JVC-DILA) projecting onto a 10 foot screen. And the seats in these two rooms would be hometheater recliners.The bar area would have high definition monitors all around. I would nfl,nba,nhl season pass so that I could offer all the games possible. I would also show anything that's in High Definition.So what do you guys think??

2. Richard Fuller

Richard Fuller Auditioning

bump!!!

3. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Richard,
    I always love to support people's ideas for business but some of what you propose seems a little off to me. For instance if the main part would be individual "VIP Rooms" then it seems like it wouldn't really be a bar. That strikes me more as restaurant. Further on that point is the part about home theater recliners. Again, this is not really like a bar. Also I'm assuming you would sell alcohol at this bar and would hate to keep cleaning or even replace your nice seats that no doubt will get abused.
    What about having just ONE or TWO VIP rooms for reservations? Also, since bars are typically dim, you could probably do fine with some less expensive projectors. That would allow you to put money towards the HD monitors throughout the bar/restaurant (which for a decent size are Very expensive for a direct view).
    Overall a very fun idea. I just think it needs some tweaking, which no doubt is why you're asking for opinions! [​IMG] I would probably make the trip for the experience at least once. A bar with $60,000 worth of video equipment alone? Very cool!
    Dan Hine

4. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Tread very carefully. I know quite a few people who tried to launch sports bars and always failed. The restaurant industry is very difficult to crack.