Need advice now

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I was in Miami this weekend and BrandSmart has the HP 6580n on clearence for 2200 bucks. I wanted to get it but had no way to get back home to St. Augustine. I have a couple of questions. First is that a great price? If I rent a uhaul trailer to pickit up will taht work or can I lay it down in the back of my Yukon XL? I won't be getting the stand due to Wife Acceptance but the stand I have now is only 40" wide. Can I have some of the edges hanging off for a couple of months? Also what are the big changes for the newer models coming out?

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Also is it a bad idea to power this thing on and off a lot? I have a 2 year old that loves remotes......... :)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Anyone please? I called HP and they still want 3500 on their site so it looks like I'm driving to miami but need help with these issues.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I would imagine that repeated on/off powering would be rough on most any display, but that one utilizing a bulb it would be even more of a concern. The price seems pretty good in comparison to their regular retail price. I have read of problems purchasing home audio/video gear from computer manufacturers...mostly is support and service...Dell as well as HP from what I've read FWIW.

Mort

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Thanks Mort,
My biggest question and concern right now is can I lay this thing on it's side to bring it home in my SUV or do I need to rent a little trailer?

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I called HP and they said it is okay to lay it on it's back as long as it is in it's original box but I am a little leary. Come on guys. Give me some re assurance here.

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
Call back HP, get the guys name who advised it is ok to lay it on its side as long as it is in the original box, and go for it.

If you have any problems, HP should honor the problem as you were advised by their support it should be no problem.

I say go ahead, and have HP send you a new set if there are any problems. One issue you may have to deal with is you might have to return the defected set to where you purchased it. Should not be a big concern of yours as you would have to do this with any problems.

TicoTVA

Stunt Coordinator

I'd say that you just pay to have it shipped. That seems easiest or rent a larger one way uhaul. Keep in mind once it leaves the door of the brandsmart store you're responsible sort of like a car.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo