What's new

Need advice...JBL pb12 (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
Is this a good sub for 80% music in aa 12 ny 10.6 room? I can get it for 250, and that is my limit.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I think you should consider DIY, or maybe check SONY SA-WM40 or maybe Audio Source 15. Although the PB12 isnt a bad sub. I only tested it with movies, not music.

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
I have had the PB12 for almost a year now, and couldn't be happier. I paid $299 delivered from J&R. Although it can be boomy at times if not properly setup, it still does a tremendous job @ 50/50 music/HT. When I want to listen to music, I just turn down the output to the sub on my receiver a little, since I run it a little "hot" for movies. Placement does have a noticeable effect on the sub as well. When I first got it, I had it in a corner, about 8-12" from all walls. Now, it is beside the couch under an endtable. Overall output seemed down a little, but sound quality increased. I run it crossed over @ 80hz through receiver, with the gain on the sub amp at the 12 o' clock position (halfway).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks