What's new

Need advice from Axiom m60 or m22 owners (1 Viewer)

DavidNighorn

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I currently have a 5.1 system based on 5 m22's. Now I am going to a 7.1 system and am in a bit of a quandary about how to proceed. Here are my options:

1: Buy two more m22's and be done with it. I get perfect voicing with no worries.

2: Buy a set of m60's for my R+L channels and move my current R+L m22's to rear surround duty. This means that my front speakers will be M60, M22 (center), M60.

I listen to a lot of 2-channel music and have been very happy with my m22's plus subwoofer. If I go with option 2, will there be a noticeable difference? This would have to be very very noticeable for me to spend the extra $400 over option 1. The other concern that I have is voicing across the front for movies. Do the m60's and m22's go together well?

Another option that I have is to get the m80's. I have three separate amps with one designated for the R+L channels. Will the impedance difference between the speakers affect the cohesiveness of the presentation for movie sound? What about the voicing?

Your advice and input are greatly appreciated!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks