Need Advice for Player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Geoff H, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Geoff H

Geoff H Stunt Coordinator

I've a JVC 500BK that I spent $170 a couple years ago and I want to upgrade. AMusicDirect is advertising a Phillips 963SA for around $349. Other choice is to wait for the Denon 1910 OR do I go for the Zenith upscaling player???

I've a Mitsu 48" RPTV w/component only (no DVI) -- SACD is of no great importance -- What type of visual and audible difference will I see/hear with these players as compared to the JVC?

TIA,

Geoff

2. John S

John S Producer

No clear cut answer, but you do have the type of display and input that most consitantly excels with the Zenith. My improvement was dramatic.

3. Geoff H

Thanks John,

-- Not that I watch a lot of 4:3, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Zenith is not so good with 4:3.

Your experience?

4. Geoff H

O.K. never mind, I just read the mondo thread about the Zenith -- I don't know if I'm more informed or confused [​IMG]

5. Steven_Lazarus

Steven_Lazarus Stunt Coordinator

lol, yeah that thread is a bit overwhelming but for an average price of around $160 the Zenith is an affordable upgrade that has pleased many consumers. I just ordered one myself and hopefully it will be arriving on Friday, if not Monday at the latest! I will be hooking it up to a Sony 57" RPTV via DVI, but I've also been informed that using the component route yields better results. Guess it varies for everyone, will let you know how I feel about the player next week. [​IMG]