Need advice for a new TV

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Bruce Cadieux, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Bruce Cadieux

Bruce Cadieux Auditioning

-

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Hi Bruce - I see the Toshiba 20HL86 20" Widescreen LCD HDTV has RCA output and can be found as low as $600.

But at that price range I would recommend purchasing a CRT over an LCD. The Toshiba 26HF85 is a 26" Widescreen CRT HDTV. This model includes RCA output, and can be found as low as $450.

Or if you don't mind buying an old 4:3 analog CRT, you could pick up a Toshiba 24AF56 24" set with RCA output for around $250, and have plenty of money to spare for a new Yamaha or Denon receiver. [​IMG]

3. Alon Goldberg

Also a heads up - most TV's will not pass DD5.1 surround sound, so you may be limited to stereo sound. I don't know for sure with these Toshiba models. I'd suggest connecting your DVD player's audio outputs directly to your reciever in order to achive surround sound.

4. Bruce Cadieux

Bruce Cadieux Auditioning

Thanks for the reply.

What I will have hooked up is my DVD player hooked up to the receiver via A/V and Digital hookups. My PS2 I don't much care for surround sound, so I will just hook that up to the TV. My ultimate goal is to just get the TV connected to the receiver as it looks like I may have trouble doing that. It doesn't bother me if it's not "true surround". I'll take stereo surround (I just really want it for sports and such). I just need to figure out a way to hook it up without having an A/V Output on the TV. Any suggestions how I would go about it this way if I end up getting a TV that somehow has no A/V Out?

5. Alon Goldberg

Hi Bruce, scroll up in this thread [​IMG] I already suggested 3 models that feature RCA outputs.