What's new

Need Advice: Buying My First HDTV (1 Viewer)

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
While I've been extremely hesitant until now, I'm preparing to purchase my first HDTV and I'm looking for some advice as well as some answers to some questions that I have. I'm preparing to buy a Panasonic 32" HDTV with the iPod cradle.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic+-+VIERA+/+32%22+Class+/+720p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV+with+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B+Dock/9235133.p?id=1218068137077&skuId=9235133
  • Currently, I use an ultra DIVX DVD player, which has worked fine for me and while I have no plans to purchase a blu ray player in the near future, I'm curious how the quality of normal DVD's will look on a 32" HDTV. I do have plans to purchase a DVD player with upconversion, in the near future.
  • What is the lifespan of HDTV's? I know that LCD monitors for computers have a certain lifespan before they have to be replaced?
  • What's the difference between the resolution of an HDTV compared to that of a computer monitor?
  • Oh, and what's the difference of the contrast ratios?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks