What's new

Need advice ASAP! Should I get a Panasonic CP72 or XP50? (1 Viewer)

Casie

Auditioning
I was extremely lucky to find a store that still carries both models, and I'm going down there in an hour to pick one up. However, I can't decide which model I want.

While looking at the Panasonic page, I noticed that there are only a few differences:
XP50: doesn't have MPEG Digital Noise Reduction (CP72 does)
XP50: Audio D/A Converter 8-ch, 192kHz/24-bit, (CP72 192kHz/24-bit)
XP50: has Digital Re-Master Processing (CP72 doesn't)

Do these features make a difference in comparison to the other? Any input (recommendations, suggestions, likes, dislikes, anything!) ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! (I'm so excited, because I stayed up for hours scouring the Internet, and I found it locally!)

Thank you,
Casie

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Casie, these players have been discussed here quite a bit, so you might want to do a search. In short, both models are well regarded. I view the 'XP50 as slightly more upscale in its design. The Re-Master feature upsamples and is supposed to give better sound quality with CDs. I had a Technics DVD-Audio player with the Re-Master feature and didn't feel that it did anything. Then again, I didn't buy the player for CDs, so I didn't test the feature extensively.

This may sound shallow, but given the looks and build quality of the 'XP50, that would be my choice. You are lucky to have found one, as it was discontinued awhile ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks