What's new

Need a work-around (1 Viewer)

ladyg11

Agent
Real Name
gail
Does anybody know a good (and cheap) work around for mounting speakers on the ceiling/wall and the speakers do not have the holes in the back? And they must be mounted, not placed on something - like an actual little shelf for example. There's no room for that because there are two windows at a right angle in the corner where the right speaker needs to go - so I guess ceiling mount would be preferred, and I would rather not use stands because they won't be high enough. I've seen tall stands in pictures but I bet they're expensive. And these are the surrounds BTW.
thnx

ladyg11

Agent
Real Name
gail

If I'm understanding the directions, don't these options involve putting a hole in the speaker?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They all involve attaching the bracket to the speaker with screws. Unless you want stands (which may have to be screwed to the speaker as well), then you are left with a shelf mounting system which you said will not work. Do you have a problem putting screws into your speaker? How do you think the drivers are held to the cabinet?

-Robert

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Gail!!
your email keeps bouncing.
Give me a hollar...i will be in for the EMA show and will take care of you then
LMK

Gregg

ladyg11

Agent
Real Name
gail
Hi Gregg,
I assume you're talking about the issue posted here and the calibration?? Sounds good to me - kewl!!
Are you sure you have the right email addy? [email protected]. Could be Cox having the problem - it's happened before.

thrca

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I had this same issue, as I have slightly larger surrounds and couldnt use a keyhole solution. Have you checked out the B-Tech BT77? This is what ended up working perfect for me.

Edit: And, I the thought of screwing something into my amazing speakers made my stomach churn.

ladyg11

Agent
Real Name
gail

Hmmm, that looks like it just might work. I couldn't wait for a real solution so I have something rigged up/makeshift at the moment using some old stands and the boxes the speakers came in. I bought 4 Polk R150s from Fry's for my bedroom setup. $49.99 a pair - a deal I just couldn't pass up. They sound great - I haven't fired up the main setup in the family room all week! But the B-Tech thingy should do the trick. Thanks for the heads up. :emoji_thumbsup:

thrca

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Glad I could help.. It took me quite some time to finally find those, as I was having a heck of a time trying to describe to audio places what I was looking for over the phone. Crutchfield online support is wicked awesome.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Click my next to last link (Crutchfield speaker wall mounts) and scroll down to item 19 of 20 on that page.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks