Need a U.S. HTF member's help with U.S. purchase....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc Carra, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

I'd like to buy a Echostar Dish 6000 reciever, but none of the dealers will ship to Canada. I already have a legit account set up through a programming broker here, and I'm currently using an older model reciever, but I'd like to upgrade to the 6000. Is anyone willing to buy a 6000 and ship it to me here in Canada? I'll forward the money via Paypal, and cover off all shipping costs, as well as paying a fee for the help. If anyone can help me out, just e-mail me at [email protected]
    Thanks,
    Marc.

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

YGM

3. Mark Leitch

Mark Leitch Stunt Coordinator

FYI... I often have items shipped to Buffalo via FedEx or UPS and pick it up directly. It works well... In Cornwall... you should be in an excellent spot for a quick border hop (wanna pick up some stuff for me ;-)

4. Marc Carra

Holy Cow, the offers I've gotten for help, are overwhelming! My mailbox is chock full of responses. This forum is top notch when it comes to friendly, helpful individuals willing to lend a hand to a fellow enthusiast.
    I've several Dishnet dealers who offer good pricing but they all seem to require a subscibers agreement being filled out before they will sell you equipment. Does anyone know an e-tailer (or even retailer) where you can just buy the stuff off the shelf.
    Mark,
    You are right. I'm smack dab on the border crossing between the US and Canada. I thought of having something shipped to Massena NY, and picking up yourself, but these Dishnet Dealers won't process anything other than a US credit card [​IMG] I may have to try Ebay
    Marc.

5. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

Isn't there a risk of customs seizing the items? These are now illegal in Canada (damn CRTC bastards).

6. Mark Leitch

Mark Leitch Stunt Coordinator

Are they actually illegal now? From what I can tell, www.satansplayhouse.com is still in business... and they seem to be kinda on the extreme end!

7. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

I heard that bell and star choice are the ones that pushed for the supreme court to rule. I think they stated that All hardware that allows one accept sattelite signals without subscription are illegal. Some guys out of BC are now suing bell because bell's hardware allows you to accept said signals. Plus I don't think law enforcement will spend tax payers money to raise profits for sattelite companies.

Again this is only what I've heard and is not fact.

8. Marc Carra

"All hardware that allows one accept sattelite signals without subscription are illegal"
    Shawn,
    Dishnet equipment , out of the box, unmodified isn't illegal to own in Canada. You require a subscription to use this hardware. It's illegal to hack or modify this equipment to steal signals. I legally subscribe to the probramming through a programming broker. Disnet allows these brokers to exist, just like Bell allows US brokers to exist so that US citzens can subscribe to Canadian programming. They just like to pretend such brokers don't exist
    Here's one of them as an example:
    http://www.freewaysupport.com
    Marc.

9. Marc Carra

Update>

Thanks to a forum member ,I was able to find a dealer who would ship to Canada! They won't do full systems, but will do recievers and parts for existing subscribers.

Marc.