Need a True UFO Fan - Brits Only?

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I feel UFO is one of the most underrated bands in hard rock history. Recently, I have been listening to my older copies of their recordings and I can't take it anymore. It is time to get remastered versions now!
My dilemma is this. While searching online I am finding that remasters are certainly available, but there are too damn many versions. To list a few:
UK Classic Rock Series (1990's)
German (1990's)
Japanese (1990's)
Spitfire Records (Releasing 4 in July 2001)
Can anyone tell me (preferably from experience) which versions might be sonically superior? Imports are very expensive, but I don't see them releasing a boxset in the states anytime soon. This band was just never fully appreciated over here.
Thanks for any input you can offer.

------------------
The Dark Tower

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
any details on the spitfire releases? who remastered the material?
they are an alright enough label - for the most part they release metal/hard rock, but they have put out the first of two from ohgr, the former frontman of skinny puppy..
a
------------------
visit neverville

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
No information at their website on any specifics, Alex. Thanks for the good word on SPITFIRE'S reputation though!

------------------
The Dark Tower

John Geelan

Screenwriter
The definitive remasters of UFO are the Japanese versions. Seek out "Lights Out" and "Obsession" they sound fantastic!
I have both and many over at ICE webboard also concur the Japanese discs are worth the $$$ if you want the best sound.
------------------

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
John,
I could f**king kiss ya! I remember reading that the Japanese versions might be superior, but this was only hinted at. Thank you very much for confirming!

BTW, what's the ICE webboard?
------------------
The Dark Tower

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
namritabneha