What's new

Need a True UFO Fan - Brits Only? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I feel UFO is one of the most underrated bands in hard rock history. Recently, I have been listening to my older copies of their recordings and I can't take it anymore. It is time to get remastered versions now!
My dilemma is this. While searching online I am finding that remasters are certainly available, but there are too damn many versions. To list a few:
UK Classic Rock Series (1990's)
German (1990's)
Japanese (1990's)
Spitfire Records (Releasing 4 in July 2001)
Can anyone tell me (preferably from experience) which versions might be sonically superior? Imports are very expensive, but I don't see them releasing a boxset in the states anytime soon. This band was just never fully appreciated over here.
Thanks for any input you can offer. :)
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
any details on the spitfire releases? who remastered the material?
they are an alright enough label - for the most part they release metal/hard rock, but they have put out the first of two from ohgr, the former frontman of skinny puppy..
a
------------------
visit neverville

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
No information at their website on any specifics, Alex. Thanks for the good word on SPITFIRE'S reputation though! :)
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

John Geelan

Screenwriter
The definitive remasters of UFO are the Japanese versions. Seek out "Lights Out" and "Obsession" they sound fantastic!
I have both and many over at ICE webboard also concur the Japanese discs are worth the $$$ if you want the best sound.
------------------

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
John,
I could f**king kiss ya! I remember reading that the Japanese versions might be superior, but this was only hinted at. Thank you very much for confirming!
biggrin.gif

BTW, what's the ICE webboard?
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

John Geelan

Screenwriter
ICE magazine has a web-board where many music fanatics hang out and discuss the latest remasters and new releases.
Link Removed
JohnG
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks