Need a subwoofer to go with my KLH 9250B's

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mark Riley, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Mark Riley

Mark Riley Agent

I want to get a nice, but not too expensive subwoofer so I can make my home theater a little more music oriented. It's way too expensive to do audio and video so audio is my goal. I'll be using an 80s era Fisher record player, and possibly my PC for the music I'll be playing as well as the radio built into the receiver and possibly an SACD/CD Carousel later on.

I'd like to just be able to get it from a local store and not order online with the lack of credit card and all. I've been looking at Best Buy's site and there is also a Circuit City nearby, a Cambridge Soundworks, and probably a few other places I can't think of.

I definitely don't wanna spend more than $200 but even $150 would be a good max for me considering the speakers were $140 for the pair I think. I'd imagine cheap speakers with a great subwoofer would be way out of balance. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Mark, a lot of people here really like the Dayton 10" sub from Parts Express. I think it's about $130. I have a Sony 8", 100 watt sub I really like from Circuit City.

3. Mark Riley

Mark Riley Agent

Thanks. I read a few other posts and the Dayton seemed well-lked. I just wish I didn't have to order it online. The Sony seems like it'd be alright with me too. I don't listen to music exceptionally loud but I do like good bass, nothing wall shaking or anything.