Need a receiver $500-$800

Fernalfer

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I am buy the onix X-LS speakers for the front and the surrounds. The X-CS for the center and the MFW-15 Sub

Now i want a receiver with a lot of options:

1. Has to have HDMI ins/outs
2. Has to be able to pass thru 1080p and True hd/DD++ through the receiver.
3. Pre outs for future Power Amp.
4. 7.1 Analog inputs
5. Auto setup Calibration
6. at least 100-120 watts per channel.

I will be running my HD/DVD Player to my receiver thru HDMI and from receiver out to my 50inch DLP HDTV.

Any suggestions of some good receivers in that price range?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
If you search around you can certainly find a Denon AVR-3806 for under $800. This model currently has excellent pricing as Denon will likely be introducing a new AVR-3808 in several months time.

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
The AVR-2307CI will also do all of that for $800 retail (likely cheaper online).

It WILL handle uncompressed LPCM for full bandwidth TrueHD/dts-HD, but whether or not you'll be able to do this with the actual player (it needs a decoder of this) remains kind of a mystery. So far, the players that claim TrueHD/dts-HD capability will only decode the core audio portions of the formats, which will only give you enhanced bitrate versions of the formats we've already become very familiar with. We'll find out more at CES, but it almost looks as if manufacturers prefer to install full decoders for these formats into receivers and processors rather than the disc players (apparently the full-blown chips are expensive).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lendrena