What's new

Need a quick answer Please. (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Tomorrow morning I will be placing an order for a few things & one of them is my component video cables for my soon coming new tv.

Ok so short & sweet is there any noticeable benefit with silver coated wire over just regular copper? The wires I am looking at are the Monster Z300 or the regular video3 & the only real difference with the wires is the Z300 has a polished silver coted center conducter where as the video3 is not.

And just incase the tv they will be going on is the Sony KP-57WS500 & I will be using a progressive scan player witch I haven't decided on yet.

Thanks for any help.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
BTW, not to disclude any other products out there but I am only interested in the Monster products as I can get them at a full 60% off retail through my employer.
Thanks again.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Joe,

Not the expert here, but I've read that the silver coating can increase picture detail and three dimensionality. This would be more important as you move up in screen size.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
From the DVD...unlikely...the frequencies just aren't up there in order to make the silver coating a viable and significant participant in the conduction of the signal. Make sure the connectors are clean then make a good solid connection.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the responces guys, I may just pass on the Z300 & than & pick up the Video3 cable when I get the tv since I can get them at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks