What's new

Need A PS2 Game For A Youngster (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
5 yrs old....

thoughts?

Crash Nitro Cart
Klonoa 2
Sly Cooper

other

Damien

Supporting Actor
Jak and Daxtar seems like a pretty good fit. But to be honest if you have a 5 year old you would be best off to invest in a Cube.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I've only played Jak II, but there were some very difficult parts. If the original is similar, I'd stay away from it.

Any of the Crash Bandicoot games (racing or platforming) are good, and Klonoa 2 is excellent.

My top suggestion though would be SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom It's pretty laid back and forgiving for younger players, and you certainly don't need to worry about the content. Plus, you can get a SpongeBob controller. :)

-Dave

Damien

Supporting Actor

Jak and Daxtar and Jak 2 are vastly different in terms of atmosphere, difficulty, and gameplay involved. Most people compare J+D to Mario 64, and Jak 2 to GTA.

Gordon C Jr

Stunt Coordinator
My little one's enjoy:

1) Cookies and Cream

2) Klonoa 2

3) Jak and Daxtar (However, a 5 year old seems to find it more entertaining to swim in the water and have the fish eat you, which ends your level and defeats to purpose of the game)

4) Ratchat and Clenk

5) Rayman 2 or 3 (can't recall)

Pretty much in this order

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks