Need a Progressive Scan DVD player with Coaxial digital output. Help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank_M, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Frank_M

Frank_M Stunt Coordinator

Bought the Panasonic RP-62 on Sunday... and figured since previous Panny's had the coax, this one would. (Yes, it was an impulse buy!).

But now it has to go back.

I've seen two Sony models... the DVPNS700p and the DVPNS715p... anyone know the difference? Or if they're any good?

I'd like to return the Panny tomorrow. Don't really want to spend much more than $200 (Paid $179 at Sears for the RP-62) but I also want to make sure I'm buying quality.

Help!!

2. Jon Bye

Jon Bye Stunt Coordinator

Jon Bye
    if you want something that is free of the chroma bug then you could try the JVC xv s500 series if you don't mind the zoom icon stuck on the screen

3. Gregg Z

Gregg Z Stunt Coordinator

The 700P is a good little player but it does have the chroma bug (the RP56/62 do not). Not sure what is new about the 715.

If you can wait a bit longer, the RP82 is due out in August. It will have a coax out (as well as Faroudja processing and DVD-Audio). List is $279 and mail orders around $220.

Gregg

4. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

And if chroma bug isn't an issue, I think BestBuy is clearing out their Toshiba line to make way for the newer ones. You could definitely get a SD3750 for under $200 and I am almost certain it has coax output.

5. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

I agree with Kevin. My Toshiba SD-4700 plays DVD-Audio also and definitely has a coax out. I think it's currently going for around $215 at Best Buy.

c

6. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

I just got a brand new JVC 502SL for only $109 on uBid. Well, with their over-inflated shipping costs and tax it's going to cost me $140, but that's the best deal on this unit I can find anywhere.

uBid seems to run 2 auctions per day on quantities of this player so it's worth checking out.

-Lyle J.P.