What's new

Need a NEW START UP Page. My Excite just isnt coming back right (1 Viewer)

David McGough

Second Unit
We all know Excite went under. I have lost my
personal start up page. It has ALL my information
from A-Z. For the last week at top of new page
reads "your personal page will be back 24-48hrs"
Well that was a week ago.
What is a good site I can use? I guess all can be
made up how you want. Is there one that is better
than the others. Iam just lost my bookmarks, stocks
news, address, contacts you name it..
Any suggestions
Thanking you in advance
David
http://www.geocities.com/fat_daddy38343

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
There was a website that offered just what you were looking for: octopus.com ... they just went under too. I think that's the law now or something, one dead dotcom per business day. :frowning:
Anyway, you could just create your own start page and access it locally. If you know any little HTML, it's not hard, even in Notepad. Just create a table of a few columns and rows and 'drop' links in. If you need to access it from different PCs, sign up for a free web page (e.g. geocities) and upload a recent copy every few days. Or there are plenty of HTML editors out there, many are small in both size and learning curve and would allow you to create this type of personal page with little effort.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
I had Excite home page and liked it a lot, but I did "can" it as soon as I know it's a goner. I say Yahoo, as it probably has one of the best chance of staying in business, and it does not throw a lot of useless graphics as you (such as msn), so it's fast and compatible with any browser (for a while, msn was not working with other browsers such as Netscape and Opera, until the antitrust people scream at them).

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Well, my startup is a blank page, as I don't bother with these things. But then I'm a modem user who likes to be able to open a new IE window without needless use of resources. Just a suggestion...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bookmarks: Why not just use the "Favorites" (IE) or "Bookmarks" (NS) feature of your browser? Easier to add and remove links, as well.
Startup page: I use Google for that :) If you want a customized page, creating your own page on your computer is easy. Your ISP also may provide web page space; you could put your startup page there.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I use my ISP's startup page (Earthlink) and used Excite as an alternate for its movie listing and tv listing capability right there on the page. I'll try myYahoo.com as some have suggested to replace Excite.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
>>Bookmarks: Why not just use the "Favorites" (IE) or "Bookmarks" (NS) feature of your browser? Easier to add and remove links, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks