Need a male-female HDMI cable or HDMI coupler

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by BrianShort, Oct 8, 2005.

1. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I just received a 15' DVI-HDMI cable that I ordered to hook my computer to my 42" HDTV set. Unfortunately, the cable is a bit too short to be able to run the cable along the wall, so I need about 6 more feet of cable. I was looking around Monoprice quickly, looking for either a 6' female to male HDMI cable, or a female-female HDMI coupler, but couldn't find either. Anyone know where to find either of these things?

Thanks!

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
  3. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for. They don't ship USPS though from what I can tell, and UPS/FedEx to Alaska is $$$, especially for a $10 item. I guess I'll e-mail them to see if they can ship via Priority Mail.

Edit: Or I could order a 6' length of DVI cable and get a DVI-DVI coupler, which I think Monoprice has.

Edit #2: I just realized that buying an adapter plus an extra 6 feet of cable would be more expensive than just buying a new length of cable from Monoprice. They have a 25' length for $32. The 15' cable I have has ferrite cores... are these necessary?

Brian

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil