What's new

need a little pls. I amlooking at the onkyo TX-SR876 or the yamaha HTR6190 (1 Viewer)

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
i am looking at those two receivers. I am not shure what one would be better. I know they both do the new audio formats. I have a sony kdl46w300 and the bdps500 bluray.
I do not realy care about upconverting as i can feed my video right to my tv. so my question is what amp would sound better in terms of audio quality. I have the polks rti12 and these are large towers. right now i am using a dennon 1803. i have picked the yam and onkyo because i have a credit card for the retailer that carries thies two models. they are there top of the line for what they carry. is one amp going to sound better then the other. I do not mind spending the diff between the two, if one is better. the yamaha will cost me $1000 and the onkyo $1500. is it worth the $500 pls HELP

thanks Marc:crazy:

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I would take the 876 in a heart beat. But if the 805 is available at that store it might be a better fit because the 875/876's main upgrades over the 805/806 are mostly video related. And the Power hungry Polk RTi12's might need a dedicated two channel amp which you can get with the money you save. Just a thought. But between the 6190(?) and 876, it's the 876 for sure. Well, to me anyway.

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
ha thanks, the store for some reason only caries the onkyo 506 and 606 i think, then the 876. I don't see the point to that though. I could only find one review on this amp it was at cnet. see with my speakers they want power and my amp is maybe only pushing 70 rms, and with the proper wattage i think i can get them to sound better. my only regret is the bluray wont do dts master. thanks for your help

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
thanks gene, i was not shure if i should go with this but know i am. I was thinking about buying a sofa and love seat. What was I thinking. on tuesday i am going to place my order the onkyo 876 thanks for the link and your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebox
Recent bookmarks