Need a little help with my Toshiba DVD...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by bill*a, Nov 24, 2003.

1. bill*a

bill*a Auditioning

I have a Toshiba SD 3800 DVD player. I have looked all over and can find any info relating to my DVD player and SACD's or Audio DVD's. This leads me to believe that is does not support either format. Does anyone know for sure?

I also seem to be having a small problem with movies. During some high action scenes, the television seems to lose signal from the DVD player. For a second or less, the screen goes black and "unusable signal" flashes on the screen. This seems to only be during high action or very "busy" scenes. Doesn't seem to be every action scene, however. It happens maybe 2-3 times during a movie. My current set-up is a HK AVR 325, Toshiba SD 3800 with a 9 year old 35' RCA model 35673MB (at least that's the only designation I can find on the television), all connected with S-Video cables.

Thanks for any help
    Bill

2. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I have a Mitsubishi DD-6030, which is basically a rebadged Toshiba SD-3800. I have an SD-2800 too. It's not SACD or DVD-Audio capable. I know both DVD players are horrible at layer changes. Depending on the disc playing, some layer changes take up to 2 seconds. I don't think there are more than 2 or 3 layer changes per movie, so that may be culprit.

3. Cary_H

Cary_H Second Unit

I have the 4700 that supports DVD-A. It is printed on the front of the unit alongside the Toshiba logo.
    The manual ought to address whether your 3800 supports it.

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

5. bill*a

bill*a Auditioning

Thanks for the responses.