What's new

Need a little help with my Toshiba DVD... (1 Viewer)

bill*a

Auditioning
I have a Toshiba SD 3800 DVD player. I have looked all over and can find any info relating to my DVD player and SACD's or Audio DVD's. This leads me to believe that is does not support either format. Does anyone know for sure?

I also seem to be having a small problem with movies. During some high action scenes, the television seems to lose signal from the DVD player. For a second or less, the screen goes black and "unusable signal" flashes on the screen. This seems to only be during high action or very "busy" scenes. Doesn't seem to be every action scene, however. It happens maybe 2-3 times during a movie. My current set-up is a HK AVR 325, Toshiba SD 3800 with a 9 year old 35' RCA model 35673MB (at least that's the only designation I can find on the television), all connected with S-Video cables.

Thanks for any help
Bill

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have a Mitsubishi DD-6030, which is basically a rebadged Toshiba SD-3800. I have an SD-2800 too. It's not SACD or DVD-Audio capable. I know both DVD players are horrible at layer changes. Depending on the disc playing, some layer changes take up to 2 seconds. I don't think there are more than 2 or 3 layer changes per movie, so that may be culprit.

Cary_H

Second Unit
I have the 4700 that supports DVD-A. It is printed on the front of the unit alongside the Toshiba logo.
The manual ought to address whether your 3800 supports it.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
don't think there are more than 2 or 3 layer changes per movie, so that may be culprit.
There is only one layer change per movie, if at all. A DVD has 2 layers maximum. Even if it was the layer change, you should never get an "unusable signal" at the layer change. Take it back or have it serviced. My mom has had a 3800 for almost a year and has never had a problem with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks