What's new

Need a high end receiver or separate suggestion (1 Viewer)

MilesMM

Auditioning
Hi all. As a newbie, I've recently acquired Paradigm Studio 60's v.3 for the fronts, the CC-470 center and Studio 20's for my rears. I'm looking to upgrade my old HK 320. I've read interesting discussions on NAD, Rotel and Anthems but I'm not sure which direction to go. At this point my budget is about $3K. I could just go with an amp and acquire a pre-amp later. I've heard the Parasound Halo line at a local dealer but I think that's out of my budget. Suggestions??:confused:

Gary Sparks

Auditioning
My HT system is almost like yours. I have Paradigm 40's
front, studio CC470 center, Mini Moniters for surround
and Titans for surround back. Receiver is Yamaha 2400
and DVD is Denon 3800. It has a awesome sound and I
decided to kick it up another notch and found a new
Anthem MCA 5 II 200x5 for about 800.00 and 25 watts
less Anthems MCA 50. I personally believe that I don't
need a pre-amp at this time. I have listened to some
of the high dollar amps and pre-amps that I read about
on this forum and right now I don't have the ear and
dollars for it. My next upgrade will be Paradigm 100's
front and 20's for rear. Everything else is a-ok.....

Felix_H

Stunt Coordinator
I would follow Gary. Get a mid-range receiver with all the goodies you need if you have a mid-size room. You can alwasy get an amplifier later to accompany it if you need more power.

When you get hit by the "upgrade bug", you could always fork out more money for a new receiver when newer technology comes out at a cheaper price.

If I was new to buying a HT for the first time, I dont think I would want to plop down $3k for a newer receiver unless money is just flowing out of my pockets. I think for $1k, you can get something VERY good for the value.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks