Need a great DVD recorder/VCR

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mark Riley, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Mark Riley

Mark Riley Agent

Ok, I made a big boo boo and bought an Emerson one from Walmart that doesnt play any discs I have besides 1 pack of Sonys that I can get by with for a little while.

I'd like this dream player to:

Play both +R/RW and -R/-RW but I do have a ton of 8x Teon and Sony -R's that I don't want to go to waste.

Record with decent picture(I'm no videophile) for up to about 6 hrs. I'm documenting the entire Nascar season so I need to be able to record a long time at once.

It must have a VCR in there which is at least decent(4 Head, can record SP and EP although those plus LP would be great too)

There's probably other stuff but I need to know which models are any good because I'm shopping for it probably on Wednesday.

So which discs are the best that I can do 6 hours and which player? List a few if you can because we're not rich so we can price compare but we want to get something good. The Emerson was $279 and that one was utter crap so I expect to spend more.

Oh yeah, I wanna be able to get this at a store and not order online. Most stores are around here like Circuit City, Best Buy, Cambridge Soundworks, etc so I should be good when it regards that.

Ok, I think I'm done.

2. Mark Riley

Mark Riley Agent

Anybody? There's got to be a good DVDR/VCR out there.