Need a good DVD Player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Rick Hodgson, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Rick Hodgson

Rick Hodgson Extra

I just got a new Moniter(HD Grand Vega) and an HD box for my Comcast Digital cable. OMG what a treat HDTV is.

The Problem now is my DVD's look like crap. I have a 6 year old pioneer dvd player. Can anyone recommend a good DVD player in the $250-$300 range.

thanks

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

There are numerous threads offering player recommendations in Audio/Video Sources. I'll move this thread there, but if you're interested in a broad spectrum of suggestions, you might want to look through the existing threads.

M.

3. DaleBesh

DaleBesh Stunt Coordinator

If you want to stay under $250-300 go further under and get the Pioneer DV-563A progressive player. It will do everything you need plus give you DVD-Audio and SACD capability.
    You can pick them for just under $200.
    Sure, there are some better players out there, but you will need to pay a lot more than $300 to appreciate the difference. The Pioneer will not disappoint.
    If it does crap out in a couple of years, it's not worth fixing and you can step up to something in the hi end category or another bargain player that has the latest technology available for that time.
    With 'cookie-cutter' electronics, you get some amazing value these days for your entertainment dollar.

4. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

The Denon DVD-1600 is around $300, thats top-rated with the Faroujda chipset!