What's new

Need a DVD player to use with a lcd projector (2 Viewers)

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
My friend just got a Sony lcd projector. He needs a progressive scan dvd player to go with it. Would the samsung 841 be a good choice or is there a better choice in the $350 price range and below? Also, should he get one that has dvi or is it not that important? Thanks!!!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If your projector has dvi then I would try to use it since it will allow for a completely digital signal path with no digital-analog and analog-digital conversions that can cause picture degradation.

Also, if you can wait, I would hold out for the new Denon 1910. It's their first affordable DVI scaling player and has the Faroujda DCDi deinterlacer that's pretty much the best on the market. Denon has had a very good track record with affordable DVD players and I expect their first step into affordable DVI players to be just as good if not better than their past players in the price range. The 1910 should hit in october with a retail price of around $270.

Hope this helps :)

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
Thanks for the information. My friend bought a Denon 910 but did not like it. He took it back. Now we are looking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks