Need a comment on KLH speaker system.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by James_H, Mar 24, 2004.

1. James_H

James_H Auditioning

I'm interested in this KLH HTA-6108 (6.1 speaker set, 6 satellites + 1 woofer 50W). It is pretty cheap and I don't really need high end stuffs. This will be in my bed room which is not that big, and main uses will be only for PS2 Game, and little bit of DVD/Music). I might pair this speaker set with KLH 6.1 receiver or Onkyo SR501. Please comment on this speaker set if it's worth spending money.

2. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

How cheap is the setup? I have heard nothing good about KLH and there quality is very questionable. Have you heard them? My best advice would be if you like them buy them. The Onkyo SR501 is a very good budget receiver. How much are you looking to spend on the whole setup?

3. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

You get what you pay for. If you want cheap, you could do worse than KLH.

4. ShaunLB

ShaunLB Stunt Coordinator

I'd say go for it if the sound is good to you and the price is right. Make sure there is a good return policy in case they turn out not to be what you wanted.

While there does seem to be a low level of respect for KLH (a formerly well respected company that has changed face many times), they do still serve an important price/performance niche in the market. I use a pair of their bookshelfs (900B) and one of their 8" subs in a bedroom system, and a friend of mine has a 5.1 speaker system and receiver from them.

No I wouldn't replace my Polk/Yamaha setup with KLH, but for the price (Some!) of their products are great values. Beware they do have some models that are cleary very poor in sound and build quality...just keep your eyes and ears open and they can provide some decent equipment.

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Heck I'd go for it, I wish I could put a system in the bedroom. My den set up sports an old pair of Infinity Wood grain speakers and I have some Optimum speakers that I will use as surrounds. If it works and sounds good to you definetly get it.